Monday, September 21, 2009

hi is this mr...stelan?

I am sure you dislike telemarketing phone calls as much as I do, but I recently had a pleasant experience. It came up as an unknown number on my blueberry and I would normally just ignore it, but with all these resumes I have been sending out these days, ya never know. so I reluctantly answered and the lady told me I won a sweepstakes to the bahamas and I was like come on give me a break here lady you are wasting my minutes, but I gave her an excited remark of "yes!"and she began laughing out loud, like really loud... ok then she wanted to throw in some free mags based on my interests.
What do you like to do in your free time?"
-"well besides trying to grow a beard.."
more laughter from the exuberant telemarketer
-"I like motorcycles and blogging and enjoy the occasional cigarette..."
"ok Mr Troy i am sending you blah blah blah for free for the next 6 months free>"
-right on
"you have been entered"
i had heard enough at this point and was in the middle of doing nothing so i hung up on my friend, where ever she was located probably rural florida, and felt dirty so i washed my hands and ate a cracker and drank a small glass of sweet tea...
I was out of my element for sure.

1 comment:

  1. A few born losers id like to object to:

    Popeye - The american symbol of empowering the little guy via nutrition. fuck ya
    Christopher Walken - no explanation needed.
    Tombstone Squad - how can anyone call doc holliday a loser. troy, im ashamed.
    The Butcher of NYC - the man eats raw meat off the table with a filet knife. not to mention he has a glass eye with a fuckin eagle in it. god i love this great country's immigrants.

    ReplyDelete